Our mission at TextbookX is to find students the lowest prices for their course materials. We do that by offering a mix of our own inventory with that of third-party
sellers in order to provide one of the largest inventories of new, used, digital, and rental books.
We don't just supply textbooks, though. Through us, students can shop for other school supplies, best-selling books, magazines, study guides, and more. We also host a
large Marketplace, where third-party sellers and students buy and sell their books year round.
For students buying from TextbookX Direct:
If you buy or sell books through
, you receive the following benefits:
- Access to an extensive inventory of new, used, digital and rental options.
- An average savings of 60% off list price when you buy Marketplace books.
- The ability to search by ISBN, title, author, or keyword.
- Year-round buyback opportunities.
- Free shipping on retail orders over $49.
For students buying from their school’s online bookstore:
If we are partnered with your school
, you will shop on a custom website. You get all the same benefits
as our TextbookX customers, plus:
- Dedicated inventory for all your courses.
- Ability to search by course name, course code, instructor name or ISBN.
- School branded merchandise (when applicable).
- Multiple payment options, including financial aid (when applicable).
Looking for Customer Service?
What is the Marketplace?
Our online marketplace lets you shop from sellers around the countries. Some of the books we sell come directly from the TextbookX warehouse, but many come from
our list of trusted, third-party sellers. These sellers range from "volume sellers" (big companies that supply us with hundreds of thousands of textbooks at low
prices) to students nationwide.
When you shop the Marketplace, you get access to even more discounted used books, all of which you can buy or sell at any time throughout the year.
Please note, free shipping offers do not apply to Marketplace items.